“When employees feel valued and connected, they’re more likely to go above and beyond for the organization.” – Simon Sinek
In today’s workforce, the statistics on engagement, worry, and productivity are concerning.
Here is some sobering information:
- Only 33% of USA employees feel engaged in their work, with the majority feeling undervalued and unsupported.
- At the same time, worries about personal and professional issues are high, with over 40% of people experiencing significant levels of worry.
- On top of that, productivity is down while costs are up, indicating a need for increased innovation and efficiency.
This lack of engagement and innovation is a problem for businesses, as it can lead to lower productivity, job satisfaction, and profitability.
But there is good news!
Employers, managers, leaders, and teams can take steps to increase engagement, value employees, and promote a greater sense of purpose in the workplace, thus turning some of these negative results around.
To start, employers and leaders need to prioritize the well-being of their employees. By providing support, opportunities for growth, and a sense of purpose, employees will feel more connected to their work and the company as a whole. This can include regular check-ins with employees to discuss goals and progress, providing opportunities for professional development, and offering incentives or rewards for good performance.
Additionally, fostering a culture of innovation and creativity can help boost engagement and productivity. Encouraging employees to think outside the box and come up with new ideas can lead to increased efficiency and new products or services. Employers can facilitate this by creating cross-functional teams, promoting collaboration, and providing resources for brainstorming and problem-solving.
In today’s rapidly changing and uncertain world, businesses that prioritize employee engagement and innovation will have a competitive edge. By taking steps to value and support their employees, foster a culture of innovation, and promote a greater sense of purpose in the workplace, businesses can increase productivity, profitability, and employee satisfaction.
Don’t get too down with those sobering statistics I shared earlier. Instead, be an outlier. Do things differently, and get different results. By doing so, you and your business can thrive in a constantly evolving and competitive environment.
Watch more in the video below:
Accelerate Your Career
If you’re ready to accelerate your career and leadership further and want some help doing it, here are a few ways I can help when you’re ready:
- Watch a FREE Engineering Career Masterclass – the 4 Keys to Intentional Engineering Career Transitions
- Enroll in the Engineering Career Accelerator – the exact system that hundreds of engineers have used to go from confused to thriving in their careers.
- Schedule a free call with me to talk about getting personalized 1:1 and group support on your goals.